Trump Issues Bombing Warning to Oman Amid Iran Strait Crisis

1 hour ago 21

Key Points

  • U.S. President issued warning to Oman against interfering with Washington-Tehran peace negotiations
  • 60-day ceasefire agreement between Washington and Tehran lapsed Monday without renewal
  • Shipping activity in the Strait of Hormuz plummeted dramatically, reaching zero crossings Sunday
  • President acknowledged secret communications channel with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard forces
  • Brent crude oil prices stood at $88.91 per barrel Monday

The U.S. President delivered a stark warning to Oman on Monday following the nation’s decision to pursue independent negotiations with Iran regarding the Strait of Hormuz situation. The aggressive rhetoric coincided with the expiration of a temporary ceasefire arrangement between Washington and Tehran.

BREAKING: 🇺🇸🇴🇲Trump says the US will bomb Oman if it gets in the way, Fox News reports.

The warning comes as Oman negotiates with Iran over jointly controlling navigation through the Strait of Hormuz.

The threat now could widen the Iran war and trigger another surge in oil… pic.twitter.com/quoiw8N3bh

— Coin Bureau (@coinbureau) August 17, 2026

During a Fox News interview, the president stated he would launch devastating strikes against Oman should it obstruct American diplomatic initiatives with Iran. He simultaneously revealed the existence of covert communication lines with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, contradicting public statements from Iranian government representatives who have denied such direct contact exists.

BREAKING: President Trump confirms to Fox News’ @TreyYingst there is a backchannel with Iran Revolutionary Guard officials, says he’s in “no hurry” — and warns, “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s— out of them”

— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 17, 2026

The temporary ceasefire arrangement, initially established in June, has deteriorated substantially after multiple maritime incidents targeting commercial vessels navigating the Strait of Hormuz. Monday marked the official end of the 60-day framework with no successor agreement reached.

Maritime Traffic Collapses in Critical Waterway

The volume of commercial shipping transiting the strategic waterway has experienced a severe decline. Maritime tracking information from Kpler, as reported by Reuters, indicates merely five cargo ships navigated the passage Saturday, followed by complete absence of traffic Sunday. By comparison, the previous weekend recorded 31 vessel crossings.

Prior to coordinated American and Israeli military operations against Iran in late February, the strait accommodated over 130 daily ship movements. This critical maritime corridor facilitates approximately 20 percent of global petroleum and liquefied natural gas transportation.

Maritime operations experienced additional disruption last week following attacks on three tankers belonging to the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company. Emirati authorities verified these incidents occurred.

Iranian officials indicated ongoing discussions with Oman concerning the reopening of maritime passage through the strait. Both nations maintain coastlines along this strategically vital channel, providing them considerable influence over navigation access.

Washington Indicates Extended Military Deployment

American officials have indicated willingness to sustain the current naval blockade of Iranian harbors without predetermined time limits. This position has reduced optimism for swift diplomatic breakthrough with Tehran.

The president informed his political base that he anticipates designating the Strait of Hormuz as “a territory of the United States” following conclusion of hostilities with Iran. Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister dismissed this assertion, declaring the waterway “will be opened and closed only under Iran’s command.”

In Monday social media posts, the president emphasized that the “number one Goal” of confrontation with Iran “is, and always will be, that Iran cannot have, in any way, shape, or form, a Nuclear Weapon.”

The president additionally stated he operates under “no hurry” regarding Iran policy, implying the current impasse may persist considerably. Diplomatic advancement has demonstrated minimal progress since the June framework’s breakdown.

Brent crude futures registered at $88.91 per barrel during Monday trading, showing modest daily gains.

The post Trump Issues Bombing Warning to Oman Amid Iran Strait Crisis appeared first on Blockonomi.

Read Entire Article